I recently saw a recipe by Starbucks for Pecan Mocha Brownies and thought I’d rewrite it in a much healthier option – which still tastes amazing!!!
• 50g coconut oil,
• 200g dark chocolate – 90% cocoa, broken into chunks
• 4 whole eggs
• 30g Stevia
• 4 Tspn of your favourite instant coffee – Starbucks VIA Columbia is perfect (4 sachets)
• 30g Cocoa powder
• 100g oatbran or ground porridge oats
• 1 tspn baking powder
• 100g of your favourite nuts, roughly chopped (I used walnuts and macadamias) but the recipe calls for Pecans.
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees C or gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square baking tin with grease proof paper.
2. Put the coconut oil and chocolate pieces into a heat proof bowl and place over a pan of boiling water – the bowl needs to be large enough so the bowl cannot touch the bottom of the pan. Melt the two together then set aside to cool a little.
3. Whisk together the eggs and stevia until fluffy, then beat in the chocolate mixture.
4. Mix the coffee, baking powder, oats and cocoa together and then pour into the wet mixture and mix together. Finally, add the nuts and mix, then pour into the lined square tin and bake for 20-22 minutes until set but still squidgy. Leave to cool, remove it from the tin and cut into desired sized pieces.
5. Serve (preferably still a bit warm or reheat) with some natural or Greek yogurt as a less naughty little treat.