I really fancied trying to make some Kale crisps after seeing a recipe online about it, but when I went to buy some, none of the supermarkets have any due to the current weather.
Once I have a craving, I have to have it! So I grabbed a Savoy Cabbage to give it a go with thinking cabbage is cabbage… And it worked! You could try other greens/ cabbages/ lettuce if you wanted a guess. Especially any left overs you have if you’re going to throw them away.
A devilishly tasty and super healthy snack providing all the healthy properties of the greens including vitamins, minerals and fibre without the naughtiness or crisps! The hotter you make them, the better they’ll be for you too, getting your metabolism firing.
They were super crispy, a bit spicy and more-ish-ly salty…
1. Savoy cabbage
2. Olive oil
3. Nando’s chip sprinkle (alternatively you could use sea salt and cayenne pepper)
1. Pre heat the oven to 100degrees
2. Slice the greens into strips or desired sizes ( I did 15mm ish strips)
3. Arrange in a baking tray so none overlap (you may need 2 or 3 trays depending on how many you want to make)
4. Use 1/2 a teaspoon per whole tray (this is important to not over do as you’ll get soggy cabbage otherwise)
5. Sprinkle over 1 teaspoon per tray of chip sprinkle
6. Massage into all of the leaves
7. Place on the oven for about an hour and 20 or until crispy.
8. Enjoy and try to resist devouring all instantly!